Friday, June 11, 2010

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

More contenders...

Happy Friday! I'm back with two more cards that I made...and then rejected...for the Gallery Idol. Luckily I'm on summer break or I wouldn't have had time to make all these possible cards! lol!


I was toying with the idea of "I'm here for you", "I'm here if you need me", "You are not alone", etc. I liked the bright colors of the top one, but then I was afraid the "me" stickers at the bottom made it look all about "me" instead of about being there for "you".


The next one is similar. First, I tried printing the word "me" repeatedly over the whole flower background, but the font I used was kind of cursive-like, and by the time I put the stuff on top, it read like "men" instead of "me". lol! I gave up on that. So then I tried using that tandem bicycle stamp in the background to represent "you are not alone", but then the words "not alone" (made in Word and ran through printer) were too hard to read, so I just scrapped the whole idea. It wasn't meant to be! ha!


Anyway, there's a little insight into my thinking and agonizing over cards! lol! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!


p.s. I just saw that I made it into the Gallery Idol Top 15! Thank you soooo much to everyone who voted for me, I really appreciate it! My next challenge for Monday is masculine cards inspired by things from the garage...definitely a challenge, but I'm in the perfect place at my parent's house...you should see my dad's humongous garage/building/workspace thing! I can surely find something out there! lol! Thanks again!


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

woot woot sista!!!!!!

love your cards for today too:)

sarahw said...

Yeah Angie! Congrats, loved the card you made.

dcook said...

You can do it Angie! I'm rootin' for you! : )

kathleenh said...

Love the fun bright ribbon and papers! Congrats on making it to the top 15!

Deanna said...

Wow these are your rejects! They are awesome!