Saturday, January 29, 2011

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

OTWC #38: Cameo



Happy Saturday! I saw this fabulous OTWC#43 challenge this morning and swooned! Aren't all those black and white images YUMM-OH?! I love the silhouette look! I've been dying to get my hands on some new silhouette stamps from Hero Arts and I see Jenni Bowlin has some coming out at CHA right now also! I hope Stampin' Up! adds some too!

I didn't think I could play in the challenge, though, then I remembered I had this cameo stamp! I think I only used it once before and didn't like the card I made with it, so it has been neglected. I stamped the girl in Versamark first and heat embossed with black embossing powder, then cut her out. Then I stamped the whole stamp in Black Memento ink on a white cardstock base, added the cut out cameo on top with dimensionals, and a little crown for good measure. I debated adding more layers, patterned paper, etc but ended up liking her simple.


Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Edited to add: Thanks to Amy for reminding me that cameos are also Cath's Moxie Fab Challenge right now!! If you make a cameo card, be sure and enter it in there too!

19 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous, Angie! I love that cameo stamp!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh my this is just lovely! I love how you've stamped the image over that text and lines! Thanks for playing along with OTWC this week and sharing your cameo card!

~amy~ said...

Definitely moxie fab!!!

~Tammy~ said...

I love your execution of the OTWC color challenge and inspiration this week! Outstanding. The Design Team used Kim's new stamp release called Simply silhouettes which you can check out here: http://www.wilsondesignsstamps.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2060965 Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us this week at OTWC and Good Luck!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card rocks Miss Angie!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!

Deanna said...

Very kewl card Angie,... love her crown!

Audrey Pettit said...

Just popping over from Moxie Fab World to check out your fabulous cameo card. Really, really love what you've done here. Love that stamped background and just adore your silhouette cameo. Lovely frame, and adorable crown. :)

Linda McClain said...

Angie - It's stunning. Beautiful job as always.

Juanita said...

Amazing.
I have just now realized that I do not have enough stamps. For me to have played along in the challenge, I would have had to go shopping. You always have the perfect stamp for the occasion.

Tandra said...

I love cameos! Your card is fab!

Elizabeth S. said...

Gorgeous! Love the cameo.

Jaclyn Miller said...

She is fantastic. Love that you gave her a blingy crown. That frame is gorgeous too. Thanks for sharing your card with OTWC.

Kelly Massman said...

So pretty! Came over from Moxie Fab!

kathleenh said...

The Queen of England - that's what I thought of when I saw your card. Love the bling crown and the way you framed her.

Michelle said...

Wow! I adore the crown on your silhouette!

Agnieszka said...

Such a beautiful card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Angie! Thanks for entering the Appearance of Cameos challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

What a fab design, Angie! Congrats on your Moxie Fab win! :)

Cindy Major said...

Angie!!! Congrats on your win, girl! Much deserved accolade :)

Cindy