Sunday, June 14, 2009

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Kristina's Color Inspiration #54: Animal Stories



Happy Sunday! Hope everyone has had a good weekend! I played in the stamp room a lot, bad me! But I have an excuse, the washing machine is broken and thank goodness the part came in and the repairman will be here tomorrow afternoon! Let's just say, we're down to using beach towels after our shower! lol!


Kristina's Color Inspiration #54 snuck up on me this week, but I got a chance to play along last night. I used my new Animal Stories set, getting inspiration from this post by Tina over at travelingmama. Thanks, Tina! I really loved this poster by Land of Nod. Animals and alphabet letters seem to be all the rage lately, I even bought these by K & Company for 40% off for like $6 and laminated them to use in my classroom next year. Look how cute they are here in this nursery!


Sorry, I got off on a tangent there! The card didn't turn out exactly like I had envisioned, but it's okay. I think I should have used Cool Caribbean instead of Soft Sky, but I didn't think it so much that I redid the card! ha! ha!


Okay, gotta get some things ready for school tomorrow, enough playing! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!


Recipe
Stamps: Animal Stories.
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, Soft Sky, Whisper White.
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, Soft Sky.
Accessories: Bermuda Bay Polka Dot Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Big Shot, Go Go Alphabet die, Dimensionals.

19 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card! Great use of the colors in the KWerner CC. TFS

~amy~ said...

Hey you...fun card and a humungous Wootie Woot Woot on making the Top 20 over at 2s4y!!!!! I can't wait to see what you have to show us for the next sketch!!!!

Unknown said...

Love your card, and your alphabet cards you bought and laminated for your class! What a fun teacher you must be!!

Heather P. said...

This is just TOO CUTE!

Tara said...

ok...very cute card...although I am a little slow...it took me a minute to realize the letters weren't spelling a word...I kept trying to figure out what you could've meant...then it dawned on me...OH they are the beginning letters!! It's the weekend my brain is off! :)

Alex said...

Super cute and fun Angie, I love this!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

MEL said...

The new in colors work great with Kristina's color challenge! Great idea to use the animals too for the challenge. I like the alpha set you pointed out those animals are so darn cute! Gosh....I wish that was a stamp set...lol! I may have to be a copycat and order those for my preschool class. I'm always looking for cute things to decorate my classroom.

kathleenh said...

A weekend in my craft room sounds heavenly! Your card really caught my eye. I love this color combo!

Winter said...

So sweet, I love it! It will be great in your class room and in a nursery! It would make a cute little ABC book for kids too! Great job! (Glad your washer is finally getting fixed!) :)

Stacey Schafer said...

oh, now I get it! i'm a little slow, too:) super cute card!

Jane said...

adorable! love it!

Deanna said...

Totally Awesome!

Kim Gasper said...

Very cute! Love the color combo. So...you're going back into the classroom next year??? Third grade again? What were you doing this year? For some reason, I thought you were doing something different.

Juanita said...

This is cute. If my brother and his wife have a baby boy, I would use this instead of the joke I made.

Regan said...

eeek, I love this!

Tina said...

A great choice for these colors!~

Silli said...

Great colors, sweet images! Perfect card! Hugs and happy day.

PurpleD said...

This is a super cute card! Love the little animals!

CIndy Major said...

This card is so inspired! I absolutely love how you used the animals and stamped them in cool colours. The curves of the animals are just perfect the nest the letters in. Such a good eye for design!

Cindy :)