Monday, March 30, 2009

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Kristina Color Inspiration #47


Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a good weekend! How do they always go by so fast and I get so little done! ugh!


I played around with Kristina's Color Inspiration #47 last night. Any kind of orange is always a challenge for me, so it's good for me to try (this is what I tell myself anyway!). I made the card below first, but thought maybe it was too plain, so I made the second card above. Nothing too original, you can't seem to go wrong if you fall back on the bow with a button! lol!


Off to work now...four weeks to get the 3rd and 4th graders ready for the math TAKS, the 4th graders ready for the reading TAKS, and the 3rd graders who failed the first reading TAKS ready for the retake. It's going to be a crazy few weeks!


As always, thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!


Recipe #1
Stamps: Forest Friends, Cute Converse (retired).
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron Textrued, Watercolor Paper, Colorbok Friendly Forest orange polka-dot paper.
Ink: Staz-On Brown.
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" Circle Punch, So Saffron 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Border Punch, Corner Rounder, Dimensionals, Glue Dot, Linen Thread, Foo-Fa-La button.


Recipe #2
Stamps: Great Friend.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Watercolor Paper, Colorbok Friendly Forest orange polka-dot paper.
Ink: So Saffron Craft, Staz-On Brown.
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Big Shot, Matchbox Bigz XL Die, Dimensionals, Rub-Ons.

21 comments:

~amy~ said...

serious cuteness here...love the bunny and the butterfy! Woot Woot on the fab 5+5!!

Savitri said...

Both I love!!! They're both CUTE! I kind of like the 1st attempt better... just simple and sweet! Congrats on the 2S4Y win!!!!

kathleenh said...

Both cards are fabulous Angie! I love the clean and simple link of the second one and the bunny framed in orange is a delight!

Unknown said...

Great cards, again! Clean, simple, like that alot!

Unknown said...

The card with the bunny is really cute. I love that stamp set and hope to purchase it soon. Nice job!

Juanita said...

I really like both cards, but I think that the first one is really great. It is clean without being sparse. KWIM?

Michelle Tech said...

Love them both! We don't have school again today...big snow storm like LAST Monday. School is going to June 12th so far...yikes!

Alex said...

LOVE these Angie - they are both seriously cute!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jen said...

angie! oh my goodness! these cards are awesome!! i can't even stand it!! when i get my goodies back...(after we get back to seattle), i'm fully going to make these....oh my they are SO cute!! i love the colors...that butterlfy...the thankful line across the card...girl, you got it goin' on!!!

Marilyn said...

I love how your embellishments always are "off the page" and look so amazing and you tie bows better than anyone I know!! Good luck with all the TAKS stuff too!

JennD said...

Well they are both gorgeous, but the second is stunning in it's simplicity. I love it! Fabulous cards.

Sue said...

LOVE your first one...with the butterfly..I think that is a definite Top10 contender...and the other one is also beautiful.
TFS! Love them!
Sue

Ann said...

Eeeee!!! SO cute! Can't wait to get these sets! :D

chloe said...

These are both seriously gorgeous!!!!

~kelly marie~ said...

I'm in love!! Where did you get that amazing bunny stamp? So cute!

Nancy Riley said...

WHAT are you talking about "nothing too original"???!!!! Angie, these are totally awesome! Your style just shines through in both designs! Well done!

Winter said...

These are so cute! Love your style!

Donna Baker said...

love the splashes of orange & your clean & simple designs. cute cards!

Anthonette said...

Gorgeous job, Angie! I love your use of Forest Friends. I also love the clean and simple look of the second card.

Silli said...

OMG! The cards are so pretty. I love the sweet bunny... I love all new stamps from the new catty...;-)

Mary said...

So, so pretty! I have yet to ink up either of these sets!