Saturday, September 20, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Spooky Week Day 6: Halloween Frights play Scrabble


Happy Saturday! This Spooky Day 6 is running a day late, sorry! By Fridays I'm just so pooped and I took a 2 hour nap then watched the movie No Country for Old Men with dh...not exactly a happy little show...so I got no stamping done. My students always can't wait for Friday Night Smackdown (wrestling, ewww!), but personally, I can't wait for Friday Night Napdown! That's what I call it, hee! hee!

So anyway, after getting coffee with dh this morning, I came home and made this little card using Beate's Weekend Sketch #58. I got these Scrabble tiles awhile back on my junking day with friends at Junkadoodle. I always buy them when I see them because they're great for my students to use. I couldn't help but pull just a few out to make this card, though!

Okay, guess I better get moving! Dh and I are *planning* to go see Burn After Reading (ironically, another Coen Brothers movie, but hopefully a little lighter than last night's choice!) if we can get our lazy b*tts moving! lol! We planned on going last weekend, but with the wind and rain, etc we just holed up inside all weekend.

What are you up to this weekend? The weather has been AMAZING in Dallas this week, and from what I've been reading on your blogs, it's been pretty nice all over. I hope everyone suffering from Hurricane Ike fallout has their power back on and is getting the help they need.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have you stamped something today?

Recipe
Stamps: Halloween Frights
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White, Ghostly Greetings DSP.
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Staz-On Black.
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Black Hemp, Black Eyelets, Scrabble Tiles.

19 comments:

Michelle Tech said...

Cute card! I love the tiles hanging on the stringer!

Karen Kelly said...

Love the use of the Scrabble tiles! Such a cute Halloween card! Well, we've been doing a lot of 'napdowns' around here--everyone has a cold in this household :-( No big plans this weekend--hope you enjoy yours!

~amy~ said...

a-dorable! great idea with the tiles!!!

chloe said...

LOVE THIS!So clever using the scrabble tiles: and it works!!

ashacpatel said...

SHUT UP, Angie! I love this card! How clever to use those Scrabble tiles, you hoarder! I thinks it's so funky and fabulous!

Tina said...

This is genious! Love it!

Alex said...

Love the use of the scrabble tiles, really really cute!!! So, how was the movie?? Inquiring minds want to know.....and yes, I stamped today - 25 cards for a class, lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Nancy Riley said...

So darn cute, Angie! Love those Scrabble tiles!

I have my napdown today too! It was AWESOME!

Christina Ammann said...

Die Karte sieht toll aus. Ich mag das Orange und die Holzbuchstaben gefallen mir sehr gut.

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Fabulous use of the scrabble tiles! Such an adorable Halloween card :)

Kelli said...

Love the card! You are totally rockin' the Halloween card!
Old Country was dark and kind of depressing. I want to see Burn After Reading too. We just watched In Bruges, dark, hard to understand, but decent.

Anonymous said...

And to think I had some scrabble tiles from a papercrafting store that I got rid of because I didn't know how I'd ever use them . . .

This is fantastic Angie!

Beate said...

Adorable Halloween card. The tiles look like a grin!
I am glad you had time to play! Big cyber hugs.

kathleenh said...

Love it! The scrabble tiles on your card are awesome and I love the halloween critters on top of a few tiles!

Lori said...

Great Card Angie! Love the use of the Scrabble pieces...Will need to be on the look out for some of those!

Lor

Anonymous said...

Excellent use of the Scrabble tiles, Angie! I love this card!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Scrabble tiles on your card, Angie! Great Halloween card!

Kerry D-C said...

LOVE this card!! LOVE IT! BOOOOOOOOtiful!

Unknown said...

OMG! This card is AWESOME!

You were the Card of the Week at Card of the Week.com. You can see the original post here.

I did use a picture from your post, with links back to the site and the original post. I hope that is OK. Please feel free to email me if you need me to change anything.

I also have an “I was featured” on badge for you if you want it :D

Thanks again for sharing!