Monday, August 6, 2007

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

A Crop Load of Fun!



Catchy title, huh?! It makes me giggle! It is the perfect description for Lori's crop that I went to this weekend. I asked her if this was her trial run before she starts opening and operating her new crop retreats, because the girl is a natural born hostess!

When we arrived Saturday morning, she had warm fritattas and goody bags (WOW!) waiting for us. Not only that, she made separate "plain" fritattas without vegetables for me, because she knows what a picky eater I am! Yes, I am ashamed, but is that service or what?! I started working right away and was ready for my massage around 2:30. An hour of heaven, words can't describe!

While I was massaging, the girls ate Lori's delicious, homemade egg salad sandwiches on sourdough bread brought by Robyn. I tried to stick to a Slim Fast bar, but it didn't last. We all snacked on El Fenix chips and salsa from Milissa, Central Market fresh fruit from Margaret, and my favorite Whopper's from Michelva.

We managed a little bit of stamping and scrapping before dinner. Lori and Robyn made wonderful salad, pasta, and garlic bread. They thought it was really funny when I was impressed they were using a real garlic clove instead of garlic powder. As I told them, yes, I do own a garlic press, I just don't use it! And again, I had a special dish of pasta without mushrooms, just for me! Can you believe the service? The highlight of the day, without question, was the homemade chocolate ice cream we had before bed. I'm so sad there is more, all the way across town from me, in someone else's freezer that I can't get to...

In addition to the "goody bag" we received pictured above, Lori had two make and take projects prepared for us! Look below at the cutest little magnetic, fold over Post-It Note holder and cross-over card! She already had our monograms pre-cut and ready from her Cricut and the "Daily Notes" from Office Accoutrement already embossed!

For this cross-over card, she had cute green circle paper to match the ribbon, but I messed up (didn't follow instructions!) and cut it wrong, so I used some of my SU Cutie Pie paper. (Mom, if you're reading, act surprised when you get this next May!)


You may recall that I had printed out the 36 Splitcoast Dare to Get Dirty challenges and decided to complete those during the crop. Well, one, I'm a slow stamper, and two, I'm stupid...I mean obviously overly ambitious as to what I thought I was going to complete in 26 hours. I made 6 cards and completed 8 challenges. At about the 12 hour mark I figured out combining the challenges was the way to go. Too bad I couldn't have figured that out earlier, sigh.


This Dare to Be Darling card was for the DTGDBeate sketch challenge. This set and paper are just so happy, and I used Brocade Blue textured card stock, I am really loving that stuff! Okay, better sign off, I've been raving about the crop long enough! Don't you wish Lori was your bff?!!

4 comments:

Tara said...

This is so fun...I like the button in the middle!...cute!

Tandra said...

You are hilarious! Youd be fun to hang out with!! lol
Love all your cards, what a fun crop!! MASSAGES? After stamping???
So, the next one is..... lol

Nancy Riley said...

I stumbled across your blog via this card posted on SCS. WOW!!! Not only do I love the card, I'm in AWE over your blog! Very impressive!!!!! May I link it to my blog?

Anonymous said...

Busy, creative, beyond talented .... Yep~ A very wise woman invited such a talented guest to this "retreat"! What a smart friend indeed!

~Bev