Friday, September 4, 2015

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

CAS-ual Fridays & CAS-ual Chic Challenges: Musical!



Ready for a new challenge?!

Today we have the new CAS-ual Fridays and CAS-ual Chic Challenge!

September is Classical Music Month, so create a project celebrating music!

For my projects this month, I decided to switch things up from my usual white cardstock to Kraft cardstock with brights! I came across some fun color combos (below) that inspired me,  and I chose "Bollywood" on the bottom left. I embossed the musical line from Love Notes, then used a blender tool to rub in some red ink. I added little musical banners punched from Love Notes stamped on bright colors. The finishing touch, silver glittery cardstock hearts die cut from Fun-Fetti Fri-Dies. The sentiment is also from Love Notes. I heart this one! :)





Next up...my CAS-ual Chic Challenge musical card with utterly adorable layers...






I stuck with my same Kraft cardstock and bright color scheme, Bollywood. I stamped the same musical line from Love Notes on the bright colors and attached them kind of crooked and wonky. But, whew, they were BRIGHT! It was a LOT of color for me, lol! I toned it down by painting over it with some shimmery paint. Sigh, better!

I started piling on some embellishments, including the Treble Clef Fri-Die cut from thin metal and the Fun-Fetti Fri-Dies again. The sentiment is from the coordinating Big Treble stamp set. This card was definitely outside my comfort zone and after fighting with it for hours (it seemed like it!), I went to bed hating it! But now that I see it again, I think maybe it doesn't totally suck. lol! Does that ever happen to you?!

I hope you'll head over to the challenge blogs and play along with us! 
I'd love to see you celebrate music too! 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Hugs & happy stamping!

5 comments:

Claire said...

Fantastic ways to use this set Angie - especially love the first one. It's such an original design!

~amy~ said...

I love them BOTH!

Shona Chambers said...

Such a clever design for your CAS card! I hardly ever use Kraft but must get some out now and see how it goes with some colour. Fabulous idea to cut up the notes onto banners in different colours. Its a very cool card!

Shelly said...

These are both awesome!!

karen @ carefree creations said...

Love the way you use the little banners on the first card!