Thursday, October 23, 2014

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and Add a Little Dazzle!





Happy Thursday!

I'm super excited to share a fun project I created for a special blog hop with

Fellow team members have been hopping all week, 
so make sure you check out all the dazzling projects from the previous days! 

For my treat holder project, I used the Black Diamond and Brushed Cooper metal sheets, and they were SO cool! I embossed the spider web and sentiment from the Spooky stamp set and man, I love the embossed look on the metal sheets! Scoring the metal sheets worked perfectly fine and they are so stiff, it really sticks together without any adhesive, but I put some anyway. Old habits die hard!

 I had received a Kit Kat treat holder from a friend at a retreat, so I got home and promptly ate the Kit Kat and tore the treat holder open to figure out how to make it. Does anyone else do that? I hope?! Below is the side view, open top view (where I stuck my finger in, as you'll see!), and template. Don't even ask why there is no Kit Kat inside...NO way could I buy a package of mini Kit Kats and have them be safe! :)







Let me know if you have any questions about the project!

Prizes! Prizes! Prizes!
Now you'll want to hop along through the rest of the blog hop and see the amazing ways the rest of the girls used the dazzle metal sheets. Leave a little love on each blog along the way each day of the hop to be eligible for 1 of the 2 prize packs from both companies! You have until October 26, midnight MDT, to enter! Good luck!


 

23 comments:

Monica Weaver said...

Love your creativity and what you did with this project. Thank you for showcasing our craft metal sheets.

Lisa Petrella said...

This is fabulous, Angie!!! Love how the embossing looks on the metal sheets! So cool!!!!

cghundley said...

Great way to use
the metal! Quite
the cute holder.
Carla from Utah

Virginia L. said...

This is uber COOL, Angie! Love the us of metal sheet with the Halloween theme! The treat bag is s-boo-tacular! So clever to use the Kit Kat! I must try that (and eating it, too!).

Donna said...

I like your treat holder! really cute!!

Donna said...

I like your treat holder! really cute!!

Anonymous said...

It's fun to get something and think "I can make that" and go about doing it. thanks for sharing a fun treat holder.

Sue D said...

How fun and spooky!

Jingle said...

Well, now that is just cool! What a great idea!!!

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

I absolute LOVE it hun!! xoxoxo

Lee-Anne said...

This is so cool, Angie! Love your treat holder! And the copper and black are so striking together!

Heather said...

very cute project!!! fun!

Michele Gross said...

So cool! This would be an awesome home decor project!!!

cm said...

Your metallic Spooky banner is incredibly innovative and the treat container totally brilliant (yes, eating the candy and exploring the container it came in makes perfect sense to me *grin*). Your creativity with products from both companies: utterly fabulous! Inspired and inspiring!
~c

barbara macaskill said...

Yes, I do that ALL the time!! I am in love with how beautiful the metal sheets look and the embossing ROCKS! I also agree that I couldn't buy a bag if kitkats and have any left to use for a project! They just wouldn't last long enough. I think my dog or husband must sneak in and eat them! LOL Like they would last long enough for that to happen! TFS!

Amy C. said...

So cute! The metal touches are so cool!

Lagene said...

Super cool treat holder!

Viki Banaszak said...

Yes indeed! Kit Kat safety is very important. LOL

Cindy C. said...

Very fun project indeed!!

Pam said...

This is really fab! Great work.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Such a wonderful way to show off the metal and even make a fabulous treat bag! Stunning!

Mary K said...

I agree, the copper is perfect for this project. How darling!

loulou said...

Fantastic treat bag. Love the embossing on the metal. Yes I so deconstruct things to work out how they are built too.