Wednesday, June 17, 2009

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Moxie Fab World: The Value in Vintage


Happy Wednesday chicas! Thought I'd share a quick card I entered into the Value in Vintage challenge over at the Moxie Fab World blog. There are some beautiful card, go check them out here.


I did cheat a bit, I had already made the card for a Paper Crafts call for Vintage Valentine cards, but it didn't get picked up. Thought I might as well enter it in the Value of Vintage challenge, since I did use such yummy vintage goodies on it! I bought the little clock manipulative at an antique store in Waxahachie, along with some other fabby vintage flash cards. I think they were over-priced, but how could a school teacher who loves vintage ephemera resist?! Come on! The button is also vintage and the little chalkboard sticker is from Crafty Secrets.


Okay, gotta get ready for school. Yesterday we had an incident with one little boy who arrived at school in...let's just say...not the best of moods. He was okay the first hour until we went for our restroom break, when he decided to put a pencil in the sink and proceed to overflow it with sudsy water. Here's my favorite part, though...


Me: "Why did you put a pencil in the sink?"

Him: "For no good reason."


Hmmm, you think he's heard or said that before?! It took all my strength not to laugh.


Have a super day! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Recipe
Stamps: All Holidays.
Cardstock: Basic Black, Kraft.
Ink: Staz-On Black.
Accessories: SU chipboard heart, linen thread, Crafty Secrets die-cut sticker, vintage button, vintage school clock manipulative, ribbon unknown.

17 comments:

sarahw said...

Angie, I thought this one was hard. You did a great job! Love the clock.

Silli said...

Hello Angie, this is beautiful. I love the colors. Great idea! Hugs and happy day.

Ann said...

Very cute!

Deanna said...

Too cute, love the little chalkboard looking thingy the verse is on?

kathleenh said...

Love the clock and the blackboard! So cute!

Juanita said...

well, at least that little boy had no good reason (ha, my kids don't use that on me yet)
this is a great card. you seem to be one of Cathy's favorites (well, you are one of my favorites too!) so I bet you get to be featured again.

Heather P. said...

Such a fun card!

LOL, and it sounds like one of those "kids say the darnedest things" moments! Too funny!

~amy~ said...

whatta fun vintage card Angie!!! funny story about the sink incident :)

Unknown said...

OMGoodness, this is sooo cute! Love that clock!

LOL! Little boys!

(-: Heidi

claudia shadler said...

super cute Angie! I love the card and the clock totally tick-tock my heart, haha! Love the colors too and the cute teacher sentiment!

All I can say is boys will be boys! I have two nephews and man, they are super fast learners, everything sticks and they don't miss a thing!

Hugs
Clouds :D

Jenn D said...

Was it one one my kids? They've been doing crazy stuff lately.

This card is so pretty. You are so good with vintage stuff.

MEL said...

Wow! This is soooo creative! I like the colors too. Kids say the funniest things, I'm proud of you for not laughing. There have been so many times that I had to laugh in my preschool class. They are just so funny and they don't even know it. Once I asked one of them "what does mommy like to do" his response was "well a lot....that's for sure". Yes he said well not yell....he was 4 at the time. :D

Tina said...

I love this Angie! Where do you find these great pieces? Let's shop!

Deb Rymer said...

So cool, Angie! I love the plain chipboard and the chalkboard and school clock look! Moxie Fab, dear!

Unknown said...

Love that clock! What a great idea! Great story about the kid in trouble. You must have tons of stories :) Thanks for all your encouraging comments, your too kind!!

Winter said...

I love the old clock, it brought back memories of Elementary school! :) Love the design too!

Alex said...

I thought this challenge was hard, but you ROCKED it, girlie!!! LOVE this card - can't believe they did not pick it up, it's fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex