Friday, August 22, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Kazan's Sketch #7 with Sock Monkey


Happy Friday! I'm ready for the weekend...haven't felt like that for awhile! At the same time, however, I'm ready for Monday and seeing the kids again!

I got off a little early Thursday, so I had time for a nap and then found some *energy* to stamp! I had tried for several nights to work on Kazan's Sketch #7 over at 2 Sketches 4 You, but nothing had been coming to me. I had the Top Note piece cut, but never got any farther. I had the Sock Monkey part on my desk since last month, then I saw the apple paper scrap, and since I've had *school* on my mind...ta da...an idea came to me!

Don't look too closely at the stitching around the edge, ugh! I tried to use my cheap litle sewing machine and didn't notice until finished that the thread wasn't even going through after half-ways, so I pulled the rest of the thread out and was left with just holes. I liked the empty holes okay, but they didn't show up very well, so I just used the white gel pen to make the "faux" stitches.

Don't you love the letters from the Sizzix Go Go Alphabet?! I've used them a few times now and love them! Here's the cool container it comes in and there's more empty slots in the back to store more dies in:


Okay, that's it for now! Hope you have a great Friday! Thanks for stopping by!

Have you stamped something today?

Recipe
Stamps: Sock Monkey, My ABCs wheel.
Cardstock: Old Olive, Confetti White, Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP.
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Going Gray.

Accessories: White Gel Pen, Border Scallop Punch, Clips Assortment, Ticket Corner Punch, Big Shot, Top Note Bigz Die, Go Go Boots Alphabet Die, Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals.

25 comments:

~amy~ said...

SWEET card Angie!!! Good for you sewing! I still have to set up my new janome...meaning, actually taking it out of the box..lol. Oooh...love that sizzix alpha...hmm...have a fabulous friday!!!

Joke said...

Oh Angie, what a lovely card. I like the monkey. Great take of the sketch.

Joke

kathleenh said...

Adorable! Once again I love how you used the top note. I haven't seen the gogo boots in use yet. It looks great! I haven't ordered nearly enough sizzix dies yet. Gotta pace myself but it's sooooo hard!

Karen Kelly said...

I bought a little sewing machine at Target over THREE years ago and I've NEVER used it...so yes, you won't find me criticizing anyone's sewing skills! The white gel pen worked beautifully because I didn't even notice anything off with the sewing :-) Adorable card...those little letters are adorable!

Vickie said...

Too cute!! I actually LOVE the stitching!! I think it adds charm to your card!! *ugh* I am dying to order the go go boots...*sigh* a little at a time! :-)

Alex said...

Totally cute - I am glad I am not the only one who finds this little guy sooo cute!!! This card is rockin' my friend - now off to order that alpha, what was I thinking not getting it???!!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kim said...

What a fun combo of accessories!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely monkey! Great job, Angie!

Anonymous said...

I did, I did, I did stamp today!!! :)

This card is oh so awesome!!! LOVE it Ms. Angie! Everything went together oh so well. Just perfect!

The kids are back, the kids are back! School IS in session. It's kind of nice to walk around and seeing all the fresh faces (although I did hear one guy saying he can't wait 'till the semester's over, ha!). Although at the same time it reminds me that every year I get a little bit older :)

Enjoy your weekend! I will!!!

Anonymous said...

PS: I think 3rd graders are the best. I know, I use to help out when I was in college. They're soooo enthuse about school and soooo wanting to please and answer ALL the questions :) Least the students I was with :):)

Andrea said...

Beautiful cards on your blog.
Andrea

Unknown said...

These citrus colors are one of my favorite color combo's together and that sock-monkey stamp is super cute too.

Anonymous said...

I love the little monkey paper pieced and the use of the top note die! Too cute!

Donna Baker said...

LOL! so cute! love all those elements together (esp his big 'ol hunkin' apple) I have the SAME cheap sewing machine & that happened to me the other day too but it was SO bad I cut out around the perimeter of the image & could still salvage it (it's the one I posted for Beate's Be Inspired card you were the first to post on) why are my posts so darned long on your blog? I guess that means we should chat some time! I just know we'd get along swimmingly but you know neither of us will get in a bathing suit so let's just say we'd get along well!

MEL said...

This is sooooo stinkin' adorable!

**Nancy** said...

Cute card!! Love that little monkey and the colors are gorgeous!

Lea L. said...

Oh my goodness...this is adorable! I love that little sock monkey! Great job with the sketch!

~lea

Anonymous said...

Cute cute cute ... I think this is the first card I've seen made with this set that I love ... adorable.

Becky Carafa said...

so cute, angie! I love your layout and can't wait til my top note comes!

Catherine said...

too cute, i really didn't care for this monkey but everytime i see him, i'm loving him more and more =)

Nancy Riley said...

It's no secret that the Sock Monkey is not one of my favorite stamp sets ... BUT, after seeing your incredible card I could easily learn to like it! This is one of the best I've seen with the Sock Monkey! GREAT job, Angie!

Unknown said...

Looove that monkey!

Lisa H. said...

I am not a sock monkey fan, but yours is adorable. I love him paper pieced in the stripes. The card is lovely, those colors do scream school! great job!

Ingrid said...

What a fun and cute card. Love the monkey.

Carolina said...

Sock Monkey cuteness!!! You made an adorable card with this little guy!