Tuesday, November 27, 2007

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Peace


Ahhhh, peace. I hope you're feeling some! I was on a bit of a Wild Wasabi kick last weekend, it's great for holiday cards and looks good mixed with so many other colors. Here it's mixed with some patterned paper from the DCWV from Joann's. I'm trying to make myself use some of those big stacks of paper that I can never resist at 50% off! The chipboard bird is also from a Joann's 50% off huge chipboard pack.

On a funny note, I couldn't resist taking a picture of Nick the other night during a bit of animal cruelty on his owner's part! He went in for grooming last Friday, excellently timed with a cold front hitting, and he was soooo cold and shivering when he got home. I remembered this little coat I bought him several years ago from a Christmas trip home to Missouri, but it was too large for him and I never got around to returning it. (Does anyone else have a closet full of stuff you never get around to returning?)

Isn't he the cutest? The front part is too long and seriously hampered his walking. Wish I could have got an action shot of him walking, my camera does make movies, maybe I'll have to figure out how to do that. I decided I could hem the front and it might work (given my track record of completing alterations, dh says he's not holding his breath waiting for this to happen...he has some pants with a stapled crotch seam to prove his point!) Anyway, I coined him Sherlock Nick (he just needs the little tweed hat) or Mr. Barky von Schnauzer (don't you love that Petsmart commercial?!)


Okay, I hope you have a terrific and peaceful Tuesday!

Recipe Stamps: All in a Row. Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Cranberry Crisp, DCWV Winter Stack patterned paper. Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark. Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware Kit, Cranberry Crisp Stitched Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Dimensionals, 1 1/4' Circle Punch, Chipboard Bird from Joann's.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've been doing some stamping lately Angie. Love all of your latest creations. Thanks for sharing:)

AJ said...

OMG!! I cannot get that darned Mr Barky Von Schnauzer out of my head when I hear it!! The kids and I run around saying it for days!!

Great card, cute dog pic also!

Anonymous said...

Aaackkkk! Love that bird! Scrumptions patterned paper! You've been busy creating goodness!

~bev

Jenn D said...

What a cute outfit! LOL.

This card is gorgeous. I love the colors in it.

Nancy Riley said...

Angie, your stories always put a smile on my face! Thanks for sharing your story about your puppy dog! He's so cute! GREAT card too!

JenMarie said...

Gorgeous card!!! Lovin that birdie! Ok, I've got to start sewing on cards...
Adorable pooch! Love his coat!!