Wednesday, February 19, 2014

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin


Happy Wednesday and Happy Paper Pumpkin Day! 


I actually left work on time Monday at 4:00, so after walking with dh and dog, then eating dinner, I sat down at 6:00 and decided to play with my March Paper Pumpkin kit from Stampin' Up! I actually used EVERY single item in the kit, which is definitely a first for me! 

Below is my first card, the most simple one. I shortened one of the flag pieces and added some of my twine to the button. I guess I'm old school, but a naked button really bothers me!


The 2nd card I made is the same, I just used a different SU sentiment stamp 
(from Really Good Greetings)It kind of felt like cheating, but I got it done quickly! :)


The 3rd card, below, I got a little more creative and added a doily and used 
the green circle sticker from the kit. I was out of flags at this point, ha!
The sentiment was also mine from SU Teeny Tiny Wishes.


This last card, below, I started Tuesday night and finished tonight. 
See, as the week goes on, my energy and ability wanes! 
I had three circle stickers left and decided they WERE going on this card! lol! 
The sentiment stamp came with the kit, and I embossed it in white.
 I used some shimmer spray stuff from SU too, but I think it's retired now. 
I also added two of my own buttons and twine. 



All in all, I'm pleased that I was able to use an entire kit for the first time, but I wasn't overly wowed with the kit's contents. I'll give it another month or two and see how it goes. I am really bad about giving up kits, because I worry I'll regret not getting something super cute!

I hope you enjoyed my March Paper Pumpkin kit cards!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

These are awesome Angie!
Just say no to nakey buttons

Lori said...

I love what you have done with the Paper Pumpkin Welcome kit! These kits are so fun!