Monday, October 14, 2013

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Unscripted Sketches #226: Family




Happy Monday! How do the weekends go by so quickly?! I did get a chuckle on the walk into school when I heard a 4th grader telling a group of kids, "...and Tony Romo was smiling at all the girls, AND he's already married!" lol! Not sure where he witnessed this, but I hope his values stay that strong, the 4th grader's values, that is!

Last night I whipped up a couple of overdue birthday cards that a co-worker ordered, oops, like months ago. (I told dh tonight that I'm working on getting my *stuff* together, and I'm hoping to have that done by the time I turn 50.) She wanted something with chickens for this card, so after rooting around (get it?) in my stash, I found a few in the October Afternoon Farmhouse collection. That was an awesome collection, by the way. 

I was inspired by the Unscripted Sketches #226, although I flipped it to work with that pretty stamp I used. I'm counting my three "dot" embellishments as the rooster label, date label, and Maya Road chipboard house. Close enough, right?!

Okay, gotta dash. Can't lie...when I went to google "October Afternoon farm" to see what that collection was called, I found out they have a Public Library collection!!! Get out! I am a library girl from way back, so I must go find out where to order it. NOW! heehee!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is amazing...

Lianne said...

What a beautiful card!

dstandard said...

Fabulous card - so creative - great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at US!

Billie A said...

Wonderful colors and lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches.

Linda Callahan said...

Cool sketch.....very cool card!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This card is absolutely amazing!!!

I am brand new with the Unscripted Sketches Design Team and just looking around at all the wonderful entries and saying hello!

I hope that you are enjoying your weekend!! Love your style and I hope that you can play again soon.

-Kimberly