Thursday, May 8, 2014

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps: May Sneak Peek #4



Welcome back to Day 4 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps May Sneak Peek week! 

Today Michele has a super special new stamp set called Sunbeams!
You are going to love all the "sunshine" sentiments to play with, sentiments I've never seen in stamps before!

Of course, for my first card above, what do I do? Make a gray, raining card! ha!
But I just couldn't resist painting one of my little wooden umbrella embellishments black and using that awesome "raindrop" stamp. I embossed the rain drops with clear embossing powder. I painted the umbrella with black acrylic paint, then used black embossing powder over it to create the shiny, wet look. But my next cards are brighter! :)



For the card above, I stamped the "half-sun with rays" stamp and layered a fun tag over it. One of my favorite stamps from this set is that little smiley face! Maybe it's the teacher in me, but I LOVE smiley faces. I still draw them on students' papers, even 5th graders, and they love it! I stamped the one above on cardstock then used a 3/4" circle punch to punch it out. 



For my last card above, I used the sun image again but I tried for a "watercolor" look. I inked up the stamp with my regular dye ink (SU Daffodil Delight), then sprayed a bunch of water from a mister on it. It kind of beaded and pooled up, then I stamped it on the plain white cardstock. That's a pretty good attempt at watercolor for me! ha! I like the way it turned out though. :)

Go check out the rest of the Sunbeams samples from the rest of the Girl Fridays over at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog. You will be wowed by their creativity! All the new stamp sets will be available for purchase on Thursday! Yay!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

4 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous card with the sun rays and tag!

~amy~ said...

seriously FUN!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow these are cute - from gray skies to sunshine!

Deanna said...

Awesome cards, love the sun!