Thursday, February 27, 2014

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps: Fun with Modeling Paste!




Happy Thursday! 

I'm up today on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog, and I thought I would have some fun with modeling paste! Have you tried this new trend yet? This is only my 2nd attempt, but here goes!

For these cards, I made my own stencils with some of the awesome CFS Fri-Dies
I tried one with white cardstock first, and it worked, but for the next attempts, I used chipboard.

The card above uses the funky die from the Funky Round Tags Fri-Dies. I made a "stencil" with the die on a scrap piece of chipboard, then laid it over the cardbase, keeping it in place with some washi tape. I mixed the modeling paste with a few drops of Bermuda Bay reinker and applied it with a palette knife. 

To finish the card off, I used a previously rejected piece of white cardstock that I had also used the die on. I placed it around the raised modeling paste and trimmed off the excess at the top and the side. It's hard to see how 3-dimensional it had looked, but I really liked it. The "Squeal" sentiment is from the CFS Exclamations stamp set. I LOVE this stamp set because it is so versatile! I can find a lot of occasions for squealing! haha! Later I can add a sentiment inside for Happy Birthday, Congratulations, etc.





For the card above, I used the CFS Heart Board Fri-Dies. See, it doesn't have to be just for "looooovvveee" stuff! I used the arrow die and made a stencil out of chipboard again and tinted the modeling paste gray this time. I embossed in black the "Oh My Gawsh" sentiment from Exclamations and the "I Missed It!" sentiment from Tech Talk. Please forgive the bad photo, below, but I snapped it in case you wanted to see what the "chipboard stencil" looked like. The good thing about it, it's disposable...easy cleanup! 


I hope you enjoyed these cards today! Like I said, I'm a novice with this technique, but there are some great videos on You Tube showing more details and instructions. I will definitely be experimenting more, like in 9 days, when my spring break starts! :)

Hugs and happy stamping!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


2 comments:

Virginia L. said...

I don't know how you get these creative ideas....you make the design look so EASY, Angie!I love the first card for this graphic look with the perfect sentiment! And I love how you angled the arrows and sentiment on the 2nd card! Thank you for your encouragement, too! xoxo

Lori said...

I love modeling paste! Have been playing with it myself!!! Cute card!