Thursday, July 14, 2011

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Under the Big Top



Happy Thursday!


I'm here with a card for the Colour Q Challenge #93. I'm afraid the card is not great, but what's done is done. *smile* This is what I get for trying to stamp while catching up on 7 DVRed episodes of Grey's Anatomy, and I'm sorry, but I'm on the one where Callie went through the windshield and she and the doctors are singing, NOT good! I guess I've been in denial, but I hear the "vroom! vroom!" as it has jumped the shark!


Back to the subject...I do love the colors in this challenge, so maybe I'll try again, ha! I used another new stamp set, Under the Big Top (and yes, I cut the sentiments apart from the main images!) and made this for a special little niece I know. I hope she likes it-she's not as tough a critic as I am!


What all is going on in your world? I'm feeling a little restless. (Please don't remind me that this is exactly how I wanted to feel when I was buried during the school year!) I started rearranging the kitchen cabinets to make room for some new dishes that are arriving tomorrow. I picked up some paint swatches last night and am *thinking* of repainting the living and dining room and hallways. I requested a teaching book at the library that's ready to pick up...all that young adult vampire/werewolf/fairy/angel reading was making me feel guilty I guess! hee! I definitely see some dilemmas brewing, so I'll be back for your opinion soon. Maybe on which paint swatch...


Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!


Recipe
Stamps: Under the Big Top
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Peach Parfait, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Just Add Cake DSP.
Ink: Staz-On Black; Marina Mist, Real Red, and Peach Parfait markers.
Accessories: Aquapainter, Big Shot, Perfect Pennant Bigz Die, Circles Die, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Certainly Celery Designer Button, black pearl floss.

9 comments:

Juanita said...

Great card. Don't be hard on yourself.
Good luck choosing paint colors, my husband comes home to find my up to my elbows in a project that he did not know we were starting!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute! I LIKE it.

Rose said...

Hi Angie! This is a totally cute card! I don't know what you're talking about. I like how you used the scallop circle die with the image..and clever for cutting the sentiment separate. I still have to assemble mine so maybe I'll do that, too :) Have fun catching up on Grey's!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this cute card, Angie! Anything circus is a go with me and I really like the way you used the colors :) Glad it's summer and I get to see your awesome work again! Thanks for playing with us at colourQ this week:)

Sylvia said...

Hi Angie! Your card is fun! You really need to get the digital version of this set. There is so much to be done with these images in a large size. I had so much fun making my clown. I did not get this set except in MDS and I am not sure I will as it is so much fun larger. I do not usually use digital stamping! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ. Have fun painting! As for your restlessness, maybe it is not having the same schedule as you do all year, and then of course you can blame it on the heat!!!

Anita Scroggins said...

Sylvia is right - it is SOOOO blooming hot here in Dallas, I don't even want to leave the house!!!! Love the card - it is uber cute. Thanks for playing along with us this week at ColourQ. Where at in Dallas are you? I love to catch up with other papercrafters in the area? I am in Mesquite. my blog is www.theflamingochronicals.blogspot.com Have a great week!

kathleenh said...

Are you kidding? This is so cute! That medallion(and the pennants) is on my wish list.

Deanna said...

So totally cute!

Cindy Major said...

This set is on my wish list. I like the circus theme, it's different from other things I have.

TFS!
Cindy