Thursday, March 17, 2011

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Happy Thursday and Happy St. Patrick's Day! Are you feeling all Irish?! I was while working on this card and playing the Celtic station on Pandora. I'm not sure if I have Irish in my genes, but I think I must because I love the music and I have red hair...right?!


Aren't these colors from the Colour Q challenge absolutely electric?! I started playing with them last night...and got nowhere so went to bed to read, hee! But when I got up this morning to stamp (at 8:22 patting myself on the back!), I wanted to work on a St. Patrick's Day card instead. After about, oh say 2 hours, of getting nowhere (again!), I realized these colors could work for my 'lil Irish card! (BTW, I blame the slack in production on the lack of Starbuckstion!)


Anywhoo (for dh, if he's reading!) back to the card. I probably have some St. Patrick's Day stamps somewhere but what's the likelihood of finding them? So I found this Lucky bingo card you can print here. (Since then, I found this shamrock that Kim Huges is sharing on Paper Crafts Connection, so I may have to do another!) I printed it on some retired SU Old Olive paper, added a doily (I think I'm the last paper crafter in the world to go buy and some doilies at the store, but I did it Monday night!), and some other junk and that was it. Plus five minutes trying to get that bow to not cover up part of LUCKY, grrrr.


I hope you have a safe and wonderful St. Pat's holiday! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!

Don't forget to go to my blog post here and leave a comment to win a fabulous dress from Shabby Apple!

Recipe
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss; Old Olive Prints DSP (retired), Cosmo Cricket Delovely yellow paper.
Stamps: SU Afterthoughts hostess set.
Ink: Basic Black.
Accessories: SU Daffodil Delight Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread, Chocolate Chip big button, 1 3/4" circle punch; Wilton Doily, Caboose printable Bingo card.

8 comments:

Deanna said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun card and that color combo works perfectly for it!

Unknown said...

Angie, your card is SO pretty! I love the doily and the yellow bow:) Thanks for joining us at colourQ this week! Happy St. Patrick's Day (I'm sure you MUST be part Irish, too;)

Jen said...

oh my word ang!! i LOVE this card...so fantastic!!! love it all!

Cindy Major said...

What a fabulous St. Paddy's Day card! I love the Lucky bingo card and the pretty colors. Never could have guessed the struggle that went on behind the scene!

Cindy

Sylvia said...

Sweet card, so pretty, Angie! Thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ this week.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cute!!!!!

Rochelle said...

Love that you printed on DSP...never thought of that! You used the colors great! Thanks for playing at the colourQ!